Skip to main content

Describe something that you bought but did not use much IELTS CUE CARD 2019

Latest Cue Card:


Describe something that you bought but did not use much
What it is
When did you buy
Why did you not use it


Best Solution:


1. Things are bought in our day to day because of two reasons one is to satisfy actual needs and other is to satisfy our social status.


2. It is quite possible that everything we buy may or may not be used fully at the end.


3. However I am a very well-organised buyer and after thinking twice I make a decision to purchase something.


4. Here I would like to share a situation when I bought something with so much passion and enthusiasm but all went in vain eventually.


5. Last year on Diwali occasion, I strongly convinced my parents to give me sufficient money to buy a digital camera of Sony.


6. They somehow got convinced and I spent around 32,000/- on buying it and I was so optimistic about using it to capture the most captivating moments of my life.


7. For first few weeks, I tried to carry it everywhere I went but slowly I started feeling that I am quite comfortable to take pics from my iPhone and at the end, I started avoiding my professional camera.


8. After four weeks, the camera fully packed in its casing was lying in my cupboard and I was like earlier using my iPhone’s camera.


9. However I do regret of that wasteful purchase because If I had to continue using phone’s camera then I could invest that money in something more urgent and useful in long term.


10. My parents have been so positive in my life, they said to me, no worries you can use camera in future and don’t lose your heart.


11. A great lesson I gained from episode was that never ever buy something which you can not use fully.


12. All in all, this purchase turned into a situation like a white elephant at home but in future I will keep in my mind that I must invest my money in worthwhile pursuits.


Regards


Deepak Kumar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IELTS PART 3 || QUESTIONS ON FAMOUS PEOPLE || BEST POSSIBLE ANSWERS || IELTSDK GLOBAL

Welcome IELTS aspirants all over the world. Thank you so much for the love and support that you have been giving unconditionally to our work and team members. We always try our best to create the most relevant and effective IELTS content... THERE ARE SOME FOLLOW-UP QUESTIONS ON THE TOPIC OF CELEBRITIES LIKE A FAMOUS PERSON YOU ARE INTERESTED IN, THERE ARE 6 QUESTIONS. 1. WHAT KINDS OF CELEBRITIES ARE THERE IN YOUR COUNTRY? IN MY COUNTRY PEOPLE FROM BUSINESS, PEOPLE FROM SPORTS, PEOPLE FROM BOLLYWOOD, POLITICS AND SOME SOCIAL ACTIVISTS ARE FAMOUS. ALSO, SUCH PEOPLE ARE TREATED AS CELEBRITIES IN MY COUNTRY BECAUSE THEY HAVE INFLUENCE, THEY HAVE IMPACT, THEY TOUCH MILLIONS OF PEOPLE THROUGH THEIR WORDS THROUGH THEIR ACTIONS AND THROUGH THEIR BEHAVIOUR. SUCH PEOPLE ARE TREATED AS CELEBRITIES IN MY COUNTRY INDIA. 2. WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN FAMOUS PEOPLE TODAY AND THOSE IN THE PAST? YES, THERE IS A CLEAR DISTINCTION BETWEEN FAMOUS PEOPLE OF THE PAST AND FAMOUS PEOPLE TODAY BECAUSE F...

Describe a school you went to in childhood Latest IELTS Cue Card September 2019

Latest Cue Card September 2019: Describe a school you went to in childhood. Best Solution: 1. School is a place where lives are changed, it is considered equal to temple in my country. 2. In my childhood I was lucky enough to study in a single school since beginning of my studies to fifth standard. 3. Due to this, I have a vivid memory about my childhood school. 4. It was located in my hometown kurukshetra and not a very reputed and high profile school. 5. I am from a middle class family and normally, families like mine and other middle and lower middle class parents used to send their kids to such schools. 6. It was very special place for me in a sense as every corner of the school had something to say, the colourful classrooms, interactive teachers and well-defined code of conduct were the uniqueness of that school. 7. I have learnt number of things like how to dress properly, how to speak about my self, how to be sorted in a class, how to be punctual and how to study. 8. Since I s...

ESSAY #175 || FEB 1, 2025 || DO ADVANTAGES OUTWEIGH DISADVANTAGES TYPE || 7.5 BANDS SAMPLE ESSAY || CONTACT FOR ONLINE IELTS CLASSES 91-9996605415 ||

Many people work long hours, leaving very little time for leisure activities. Does this situation have more advantages or more disadvantages? SAMPLE ASNWER A wide section of society today prefers to work day after day by leaving less and less time for recreation. This has become a new normal to work relentlessly. This situation offers more negatives than positives, I will share them in this paragraph. First and foremost, the primary disadvantage of working more and more is, it leaves insufficient time for the person to rejuvenate himself and turns him into a money-making machine. This is true that individuals need money to run their life but they don’t only need money, they require pleasure, happiness, travel, relations and some personal time on daily basis. For example, if a person is not having time to enjoy or feel happy in routine, it can cause him serious issues like depression, feeling of loneliness and disinterest about life. Thus, working long hours without keeping time f...