Skip to main content

BASIC INTRODUCTORY QUESTIONS WITH ANSWERS FOR YOU!

IELTS SPEAKING QUESTIONS (INTRODUCTORY PART)

PERSONAL INFORMATION

1. What is the meaning of your name?
As my name is Ravi and it speaks about the sun. It was given to me by my loving family. Sun is source of all energy for plants, animals, birds. Apart from it, every living creature gets light from sun.

 2. Is your name important to you?
 Truly, my name is important to me as it is my identity in this world. Moreover, people know me by it and I am committed to make it a good name throughout my life.

3. Who do so many people change their names?
It is my opinion that people change their names for many reasons. Some dislikes them. Some may be influenced by the surroundings in which they live and change their names. Some change the spellings also. Some may be want to give their names a new look.

4. If given a chance, would you like to change your name?
One way
If I have been given a chance to change my name, I surely want to change it and I would like to add the name of my father as my surname. I respect my father. I want to attach his name with my name to make his name bigger and wider.
Second way
I am quite happy with my present name as it represents my identity in the whole world. It reflects my personality. It means a lot to me. I respect my name.  

5. Talk about your educational background?
Recently I have completed my 12th standard with medical stream. I scored 75% marks in it. I passed my entire schooling from Saraswati Vidya Mandir which is a renowned school of my city.

6. Where would you like to live and work?
Well I think we all have dreams, life becomes meaningful with dreams. My dream is to work for a multinational company on a challenging designation and live in India close to my family and people.

7. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
After completing my study and getting desired job in international establishment, I would like to see myself at the position of CEO in company. I see my future quite bright as I am working hard to shape it in a productive manner.

8. What do you like to do in your free time?
Its depends on the situation and I would love to spend my time with family, friends and doing the gardening in my backyard. Reading books and listing songs are also much liked by me.

9. What do you want to do in next 2 to 3 years?
In coming next few years I would like to finish my study with good marks and grades, and then get involved into the creational activities for an establishment to achieve the goals I have decided for my career.

10. What do you do on weekends and weekdays?
On weekdays I have my academic classes for preparing the IELTS then in evening coaching at local sports stadium as I am professional boxer, archer, cricketer, tennis player etc and on weekends I have to be with family helping them in our business (farming or business).
Second way: on weekends, I like to be with my friends and doing activities like playing cricket in ground and going to visit nearby places to explore them.

11. Tell about your greatest achievement in life?
When I see my achievements in life, I feel really satisfied with my academic career and general awareness about things. But my primary achievement is habit of waking up early. I leave the bed at 5am sharp. I think it is worth sharing achievement.

12. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
About my strengths, always curious to update my knowledge about things, friendly with people of all kinds, very much comfortable with technical gadgets and able to concentrate on things for long. About weaknesses, sometimes, I find it hard to balance my academic and non academic life. To establish a balance with various activities on basis of time management is a challenge for me.  

13. Where do you like to spend your evenings?
Being a student, my whole day goes with books and teachers in class rooms. I prefer to spend time of evening alone to think about my life, its priorities and walking in nature. I like to refresh my mood at that time. On weekends, I spend evenings with friends like playing sports or travelling to nearby spots.

14. What kind of lifestyle do you lead?
Being the part of a well-educated family, I am living a healthy life. I am free from my family to take decisions in favor of my long term good. My lifestyle is quite relevant to my priorities and likes about things. I like to get updated with latest trends.

15. Do you like to wear funky outfits?
As far as outfits are concerned, I prefer to wear formal clothes. I find myself quite confident and expressive in formal clothing. Occasionally, I go for funky clothes and colorful ones.

16. How often do you attend parties?
Normally, on study days I try to avoid parties as they distract me from studies. And if I get free time or I am not burdened with studies too much then I allow myself to join the parties. Particularly, I like to attend birthday parties.

17. How do you like to dress up on weekends?
On weekends, if I am at home then I go with sports suits or easy clothes. They make me feel relaxed and quite comfortable. If I am on any tour or travel with family or friends, then I prefer jeans t-shirts with sports shoes.
I like to care about my dresses.

18. What do you do to keep yourself healthy?
Fitness is something that I always focus to have in my life. To get it, I go for regular morning walk followed by 30 minutes exercise. I occasionally take fast foods. I drink around 15 glasses of water a day. Fruits are my first choice when I am traveling or away to home.
 
19. What do you like to do in your free time?
I consider when I am not studying I am free to pursue my leisure time activities. In this list, I place reading books on biographies, science fictions and economic trends at first place. Music is something that comes after reading habit in my list. Apart from that, visiting art galleries is something that I like to do in my free time.  

20. What is the one thing that is special in you?
Usually, I do not force the other person to agree on my part at any cost. I give him the space and freedom to say his point. And if I am wrong at something, I like to admit it and prefer to learn that for the next time. I always welcome the views of other person irrespective they match to my views or not.    

AMBITION

1. Are you an ambitious person?
Without ambition, I feel life becomes meaningless. To make life worth living, one must have an ambition to go for. I am an ambitious person.
  
2. What is your ambition in life?
I always aim at giving my best at doing things. My ambition is to become a corporate professional / professional athlete / teacher at university / professional accountant and give my best to serve my clients.

3. Is it important to be an ambitious? Why or why not?
Having an ambition to achieve is particularly important because it forces a person to use his abilities up to the fullest. Ambition keeps a person on right track where he upgrades his skills and abilities.

4. Do you think your goal is an achievable one?
Certainly, I think my goal is an achievable one as it is practically achieved by thousands before me. Moreover, my goal challenges me to go to the next level of my personal and professional strengths. When you work step by step to reach to your goal then your goal comes close to you.  

5. What will you have to do to achieve your goals?
I heard a saying from a wise man, you cannot become what you want to become by staying at your current level for long. Definitely, I have to expand my abilities and open up my mind set about knowing more about my goals. I need to take a resolution that I will give my best abilities to learn every basics of my desired goal.

6. Is financial success important to you?
Saying financial success is not important to me will not work for me. I need money to live my life in a way so that financial sickness no longer troubles me and do not come in my way. It matters to me. It will give me and my family a comfortable life.

7. Can you see yourself ever living in a country other than your own country? Which and why?
I am very much interested to go to Canada and preparing from heart to go there. If I share the reasons behind it, the education, facilities to its residents, weather and employment opportunities are quite better there. If I get a chance to go there then I will definitely look forward to go there.

8. Will your family be able to help you in your future plans and how?
Certainly, I belong to a family where educating children is taken as a primary goal for headman of family. My parents are keen to help me in achieving my future plans. They have savings from their regular earnings and they are even ready to take education loan if required to give me good education.    

9. What other personal goals do you want to achieve?
If I share about my personal goals, I want to learn to play guitar in coming months as I am very much interested in playing it. I want to be the lifetime member of my district library. Staying fit is also important to me.    

PARENTS 

1. Do you love your parents?
My parents are my biggest motivation in life. They respect my thinking and I too respect their guidelines in my life time to time. They are very friendly to me.  

2. How is parenting different today from that in the past?
Parenting in modern times has become a tough job. Children have become more aware about possible options in life regarding their studies, spending their free time and importance of social media. Gap between parents and children has also increased that leads to certain issues in between them.   

3. What type of food do your parents like to eat?
They are not very choosy about food. Over fast food, they prefer home cooked food. Normally the food they have been eating from their childhood days they are more comfortable with it even today.    

4. Is it difficult for parents to bring up their children these days?
It is true to an extent that raising children in these unprecedented times has become not less than a challenge. Children are more demanding these days. Their priorities have been changed. So it is tough for parents to cope up with these uncertainties.   


5. What difficulties do parents feel in bringing up their children today?
Certainly, times have been changed. More awareness has been arrived to children. Technology has totally separated the priorities in modern times. Distraction is increasing every day. Gap between the parents and children is too much. For parents, to make their point understand to children have become a challenge.  

6. Can parents be good friends with their children?
In my view, it is the only way to raise your children to make them the assets for the new generation. When you come at same platform with your children, you treat them with respect and you give them a freedom to choose what’s right for them in long term. Yes, parents can be good friends with their children.

7. Do you more like your mother or father?
Being a son, it is quite natural that I am more close to my mother. I find it easy to share all my personal feelings with my mother than my father. She always respects my thinking. I see a good friend in form of my mother in my life.    

FAMILY 

1. Why is family important to you?
Family is like a foundation for me. It has given me everything I currently have. My family is the centre of my life. My parents are always with me to help me grow in life. It is an unconditional bonding between hearts. 

2. Who influences you the most in your family?
My father has been a constant source of inspiration in my life. He is a self-made person. I respect his optimism, way of presenting his ideas and his personality in difficult times, the most.  

3. Who do you confide in your family?

4. What is the role of parents in their children’s life?
Role of parents in children life is paramount. Parents are like foundation maker for a child. What they teach him matters most in his entire life. The way they teach him to see the world decides his life time accomplishments. 

5. How do you contribute in the household chores in your family?
There is a culture in my family like we help each other in doing our routine. As I am free then I definitely contribute in domestic works or sometimes go to market to bring something urgently needed at home. Even, I do cooking in needy times. I buy groceries and other daily consumables for my family.

6. Do you prefer to live in a nuclear family or a joint family? Why?
I prefer joint families because they are richer in resources. There are grandparents and uncles-aunts along with parents who give you a holistic picture of a situation. More minds create more ideas. There is a sense of brotherhood in joint families. Everybody helps each other.  

7. How have family traditions changed in the past few years?
The place of joint families has been taken by nuclear ones. Nowadays, family traditions are more or less celebrated online whereas earlier there was a culture of meeting everyone at the time of celebration. People have become more externally affected now. Traditions have lost their significance.  

8. Why is it important to pass on family values to next generation?
It is essential to pass on the family values to next generation to give them a strong foundation. With rich history of family background and values, youngsters feel more confident in modern times. Distraction of today’s life cannot stop them from growing if they are still backed by rich family legacies. 

9. Are there some special moments that you want to spend with your family?
Yes, there are moments when I certainly feel that I must celebrate these with my parents. When I achieve something, I need an appreciation from my parents. Moreover, in sad times, I need them as they make me feel that this failure or difficulty would not stop life. 

10. What is the importance of having dinner with your family?

Having dinner with your family is like joining hands together for a bigger and broader future. Every member shares his life experiences and it gives lessons to all who listen this. We value this ritual most that dinner must be a joint practice.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IELTS WRITING TASK 2 || ESSAY || SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT ALLOWING CHILDREN TO MAKE THEIR OWN CHOICES ON EVERYDAY MATTERS SUCH A FRUIT COURSE CLOTHES AND ENTERTAINMENT IS LIKELY TO RESULT IN SOCIETY OF INDIVIDUALS WHO ONLY THING ABOUT THEIR OWN WISHES OTHER PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT IT IS IMPORTANT FOR CHILDREN TO MAKE DECISIONS ABOUT THE ABOUT MATTERS THAT AFFECT THEM? DISCUSS BOTH THESE VIEWS AND GIVE YOUR OPINION || MARCH 2021

INTRODUCTION A PORTION OF SOCIETY OF  OPINE THAT LETTING CHILDREN TO TAKE THEIR  PERSONAL DECISIONS REGARDING DAY TO DAY SUBJECTS; FOR EXAMPLE FOOD, APPARELS AND RECREATIONAL GENERALLY CREATES A COMMUNITY WHO ONLY THINKS IN SELFISH TERMS SINCE THEY ARE THOUGHT THEY ARE TAUGHT TO IGNORE OTHER PEOPLE'S COMFORT AND THINKING, WHILE OTHER SECTION OF PEOPLE CONSIDER THAT IT IS VITAL FOR KIDS TO MAKE DECISIONS ABOUT THINGS THAT ARE RELATED TO THEM BECAUSE IT WILL INSTALL A CONSIDERABLE CONFIDENCE IN THEM EVENTUALLY I WILL SHARE MY OPINION AS WELL. BODY PARAGRAPH 1 BY GIVING PERMISSION TO CHILDREN TO FOLLOW THEIR TASTE CALLINGS AND WISHES LET THEM TO BE SELF OBSESSED SINCE THEIR NEWEST SINCE THEY NEGLECT ABOUT PEOPLE PEOPLE WHO ARE AROUND WHAT THEY THINK? WHAT THEY LIKE? WHAT DO THEY CONSIDER COMFORTABLE? SUCH AS, A RESOURCE IT MADE UP OF CHILDREN BASED ON BUYING AND USING THINGS THAT ONLY FULFILS THEM WITHOUT FOCUSING A CARRIER BENEFIT IS THE CONSEQUENCE OF SUCH PARADIGM. FOR EXAMPLE, IF

In many countries schools have severe problems with student behavior. What do you think are the main causes of this? What solutions can you suggest?

LLS24 IELTS WRITING TASK 2 HELP In many countries schools have severe problems with student behavior. What do you think are the main causes of this? What solutions can you suggest? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.    How true it is, we get respect with direct proportion of our behavior to others. When students behave in a rude way or in an irresponsible way then of course it is hard to deal the same for the school authorities. Once we go in introspection of the causes of such temperament of students towards school management then particularly attitude of today’s student comes in to lime light. Attitude of a student is formed by various things like his family background, mutual respect of his family for him, his self-image, his personal targets in life, teacher’s attitude towards him and his active participation in studies. By taking into account all these primary factors, the picture goes clear about the c

In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing. What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?

LLS24 IELTS WRITING TASK 2 HELP In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing. What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them? Lifestyle of people has been totally changed and the consequences of this are quite severe. It is true that people are living a comfortable, hi-tech life and having everything available that was somewhere beyond imagination few decades earlier. There are powerful impacts of fast lifestyle and easy means of living life on health of people. Health is wealth; it is significant even in today’s times. People are badly suffering from serious health issues. Talking about the causes of this decreased level of fitness there are various factors like wise food quality, eating habits, stuff of the food, passive lifestyle, sitting routine, rich availability extra comfortable transportation means and era of virtual gadgets. On-line revolution is s